Please be advised that the following location is a provider-based clinic and both a physician and facility fee will be assessed, which may result in a higher out-of-pocket expense.
555 Prospect Street
Pawtucket, RI 02860
P: (401) 729-6200
F: (401) 729-6203
Your child might find it hard to:
- Tell other people what he or she needs or feels.
- Meet other people and make new friends.
- Understand how other people think and feel.
- Be flexible and adjust to change.
Everyone with autism is different. At the New England Pediatric Institute of Neurodevelopment we know that and offer individualized care for children from early childhood to early adulthood. We are affiliated with The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and accredited by the American Psychiatric Association.
Let us help. Contact us for autism diagnosis, help with your child with autism or training to work with children with autism. Call us at (401) 729-6200 or email at email@example.com.
Assessing Your Child for Austim Spectrum Disorder
Our team of ASD experts, based on your child’s needs, can include neuropsychologists, developmental behavioral pediatricians, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, and a care navigator. Our evaluations include standard of care measures such as the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) to see if your child has ASD or other difficulties.
Our goal is to identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses so we know his or her abilities and needs. We evaluate:
- Social skills.
- Behavior and executive functioning.
We will talk with you about your concerns and your child’s medical, educational, social and behavioral history. We have many services that can help you, and can also connect you with community resources.
As your child grows, his or her needs, abilities and struggles may change. Our follow-up can include:
- Ongoing assessments to make sure we have the right treatment and goals in place.
- Medication, if necessary, to help with your child’s emotional, behavioral and sleep challenges.
- Care for other needs like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), anxiety, disruptive and repetitive behaviors, and tic disorders.
- Help transitioning to adult care when the time is right.
We are affiliated with The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and do research at our center to help improve the lives of people with ASD and their families. We can also connect you with researchers throughout Brown if you want to join a study.
Let Us Help
For help for you and your child with ASD or training to work with children with ASD, call us at (401) 729-6200 and press 3. You can also contact our intake coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.