Memorial Hospital offers a comfortable, cheery setting for the comprehensive care of children from birth to adolescence. The brightly painted walls and a playroom brimming with books, movies, toys and music help eliminate the fear that might be associated with a hospital stay.
Pediatricians affiliated with the department's medical staff include specialists in cardiology, gastroenterology, neonatology and neurology.
Other pediatric services include:
- Pediatric Primary Care Center for outpatient pediatric services.
- Inpatient care for children, with accommodations for parents and family members.
- Childhood Lead Intervention Clinic.
- Pediatric Physical Medicine for physical therapy, occupational therapy, audiology, speech therapy.
- The New England Institute of Pediatric Neurodevelopment for children with learning and developmental problems, including ADHD, autism, dyslexia, obsessive-compulsive disorder and Tourette syndrome.
- Consultations for medication evaluation.