We can help
Bouncing back from an injury, stroke or surgery can seem like an impossible task. Your abilities have been limited, but there is no limit to your frustration. That’s where we come in.
The physical and occupational programs at Southeastern Medical Center provide personalized care for patients of all ages. Our experienced staff members are skilled in assessing patients with neurological, orthopedic and medical conditions, and conduct personal evaluations based on clinical history, tests and measures, and functional deficits.
After an initial assessment, we create a tailored treatment plan to meet your needs. Our emphasis with one-on-one attention and patient/family education will help you reach your physical goals.
DiagnosesAcute and chronic musculoskeletal issues, such as:
- Neck/back injuries.
- Wrist/hand injuries.
- Sports injuries.
- Motor vehicle and work injuries.
- Bursitis and tendonitis.
- Tendon and nerve lacerations.
- Rehabilitation following surgery.
- Overuse injuries.
- Pregnancy and postpartum concerns.
- Cancer related complications.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Head injuries.
TreatmentManual therapy, such as:
- Myofascial release.
- Muscle energy techniques.
- Neural mobilizations.
- Nerve stimulation.
- Electrical stimulation.
- Posture/body mechanics education.
- Assistive device and adaptive equipment training.
- Balance training.
- Brace clinic.
- Orthotic fabrication.
- Sports-specific training.
- Joint protection/energy conservation.
- Scar management.