Your doctor will arrange for your admission and tell you when to report to the hospital. Admitting is located in the main lobby.
Private, double and four-bed rooms are available. There is an additional cost for a private room, except on the maternity unit. We will make every effort to provide you with the type of room you request, although sometimes when all beds are full it is necessary to transfer patients at a later time.What to Bring
- Living Will or Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care if you have one. (See section on advance directives for more information.)
- Birth plan (for maternity patients)
- Medical insurance information
- Car seat (for maternity or pediatric patients; bring before discharge)
- Personal toiletry items (for example, toothbrush and toothpaste)
- $16.00 in cash for telephone (if desired)
What to Leave at Home
- Large sums of money
- Credit cards
- Non-essential items
Note: All valuables must be declared at the time of admission. If you are admitted through the emergency department, we would prefer that you send all valuables home. However, if you are not able to send them home, then we will be happy to place your valuables in the hospital safe until your discharge.Identification Band
When you are admitted to the hospital, or in the emergency department if you arrive there first, a patient identification band will be attached to your wrist. This band contains important information and should not be removed at any time during your stay. It identifies you to all who care for you and is another safety measure for your protection.