The Cancer Center at Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island
When you are sick, you want to be treated close to home, close to your family and friends. That is especially true when you face one of the more challenging times in your life with a cancer diagnosis. With The Cancer Center of Memorial Hospital, you do not need to leave the area. We bring quality cancer treatment close to you, in an accessible and comfortable environment. Here, you can:
- Meet with your doctors
- Receive necessary chemotherapy or immunotherapy drugs as well as other types of infusion therapies
- Have your lab work and all types of radiology scans done
- Browse our library for more information on your cancer
- Meet with a support group and receive assistance from our social workers, nutrition specialists and oncology nurses
- Stay stronger through your treatment and recover from illness faster through our cancer rehabilitation program
- Participate in clinical trials to beneﬁt from cutting-edge scientiﬁc advances
Our program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. CoC Accreditation challenges cancer programs to enhance the care they provide by addressing patient-centered needs and measuring the quality of the care they deliver against national standards. Our Cancer Center has also achieved the prestigious Quality Oncology Practice (QOPI®) certiﬁcation from the American Society of Clinical Oncology, awarded to only 200 cancer programs in the USA. This certiﬁcate recognizes oncology practices that are committed to delivering the highest quality of cancer care.
|“When you have a chronic illness, it’s important to have a good environment.” |
A disorder that had troubled him since childhood – common variable immune deficiency (CVID) - brought North Smithfield resident Paul Gorman to The Cancer Center. CVID is characterized by low levels of antibodies and increased susceptibility to infections.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW THE CANCER CENTER AT MEMORIAL HELPED PAUL