When it comes to stroke, we know that every minute counts, so the Memorial Hospital Stroke Center has a skilled team trained to diagnose and treat strokes quickly.
Stroke is a brain injury that occurs when the brain’s blood supply is interrupted. If left untreated, it can deprive the brain of oxygen and nutrients from the blood, which can lead to loss of function or even death.
Memorial Hospital’s Stroke Center earned the Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and the hospital’s inpatient Center for Rehabilitation is CARF certified with stroke specialty distinction.
Our team of clinicians follows the nationally-recommended American Stroke Association and Brain Attack Coalition guidelines to coordinate quick intervention, treatment and rehabilitation. Memorial also offers the following resources for stroke patients:
- Emergency Department available 24/7.
- Acute intervention including clot-dissolving medications if needed.
- State-of-the-art diagnostic imaging to detect stroke and its complications.
- Modern specialty program in the Center for Rehabilitation, which progresses into our outpatient rehabilitation program, and in-home services through the VNA of Care New England.
- Case management, including referral and progression to other services.
- Community outreach and education.